Over 28,000 delegates from 60 countries attended SIEW 2015, which was held from 26 October – 30 October. Energy ministers, industry leaders and academics convened to exchange insights on the theme, “Global Energy Transitions”.
United Nations Secretary-General Mr Ban Ki-Moon penned a special message for SIEW 2015.
- Mr S Iswaran, Minister of Trade & Industry (Industry) delivered the SIEW Opening Remarks and announced the plan to establish a Secondary Gas Trading Market (SGTM) in Singapore to enhance the trading environment in the country.
- The SIEW Opening Keynote Address (SOK) was presented by Dr Fatih Birol, Executive Director of the International Energy Agency (IEA).
- The Singapore Energy Summit (SES) featured a strong line-up of illustrious energy leaders who shared their perspectives on the following:
- New to SES this year were two special plenaries focusing on the outlook for oil and gas:
- SIEW Thinktank Roundtables – 11 local and international organisations organised 8 roundtable sessions, with topics ranging from oil pricing to cybersecurity in the energy sector.
- Youth@SIEW – Some 300 students participated in the “In Dialogue with Youth” with Mr S Iswaran along with industry experts, Laurent Maillefer, Head of Solar Power Conversion for Southeast Asia of ABB, and Goh Swee Chen, Chairperson of Shell. A total of 13 projects from 9 tertiary institutions were featured at this year’s Youth Energy Showcase.
- SIEW 2015 also presented two special elements to celebrate the milestones achieved in the development of Singapore’s energy sector:
- Singapore Energy Story Exhibition – Commissioned by EMA, the exhibition showcases the country’s energy journey since independence across the key themes of Accessibility, Reliability, Efficiency and Future Readiness.
- SG50 Jubilee Reception – About 550 leaders from the energy industry attended this special reception in commemoration of Singapore’s 50 years of independence and energy achievements.
SIEW 2015 Materials & Resources: