Singapore, 2 July 2018 – Registration for the Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) 2018 is now open. Global energy policymakers, investors and industry leaders will gather in Singapore to discuss SIEW’s theme, “Transforming Energy: Invest, Innovate, Integrate”, and explore collaborations for a more resilient energy future.
To anchor the week of conferences and exhibitions, Minister for Trade & Industry Chan Chun Sing will deliver the SIEW Opening Remarks. This will be followed by the SIEW Opening Keynote Address and the Singapore Energy Summit.
Global energy leaders who have confirmed their attendance are:
- Dato Lim Jock Hoi, Secretary-General, ASEAN
- Pradeep Kumar Pujari, Chairperson, Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC), India
- Dr Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency (IEA)
- Adnan Z. Amin, Director-General, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Masakazu Toyoda, Chairman & CEO, The Institute of Energy Economics Japan (IEEJ)
- Agneta Rising, Director General, World Nuclear Association (WNA)
- Kaveh Zahedi, Deputy Executive Secretary for Sustainable Development, UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP)
- Yuji Kakimi, President, JERA
- Martin Houston, Vice-Chairman, Tellurian Inc
- John Abbott, Downstream Director & Member of the Executive Committee, Shell
- Marianne Laigneau, Senior Executive Vice President, EDF
- Kazuhisa Yano, Chief Asia Representative, Osaka Gas
- Ditlev Engel, CEO, DNV GL-Energy
For the first time, the 36th ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting (AMEM) and Associated Meetings will be held together with SIEW, as part of Singapore’s Chairmanship of ASEAN. The week’s line-up also includes the second Singapore-International Energy Agency (IEA) Forum which will focus on the digital energy system of the future. SIEW Energy Insights will host report launches by international organisations on emerging trends impacting the energy landscape.
Also returning this year are SIEW’s partner events: Asia Clean Energy Summit (ACES), Asian Downstream Summit (ADS) and Gas Asia Summit (GAS). New highlights include the International Off-Grid Renewable Energy Conference (IOREC) at ACES, and Asian Downstream Summit Digital Transformation Awards to recognise top enterprising refiners and innovative solutions providers.
SIEW 2018 will feature think-tank roundtables co-hosted by the Energy Market Authority and renown international organisations including the ASEAN Centre for Energy, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Institute for the Analysis of Global Security, Energy Research Institute @ Nanyang Technological University, Energy Studies Institute, The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan, and International Institute for Strategic Studies.
SIEW 2018 will be held from 29 October 2018 to 2 November 2018 at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore. Register your attendance at www.siew.sg before 31 August 2018 to enjoy early bird discounts of up to S$500.
About Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW)
The Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) is an annual platform for energy professionals, policymakers and commentators to discuss and share best practices and solutions within the global energy space. SIEW aims to facilitate the exchange of ideas on pertinent energy-related issues, while meeting the strategic objectives of Singapore’s commitment to becoming a global leader among energy companies converging on the event, as well as to provide a platform to showcase innovative products and solutions in the energy marketplace. Please visit www.siew.sg for further information.
About the Energy Market Authority (EMA)
The Energy Market Authority (EMA) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Trade and Industry. Our main goals are to ensure a reliable and secure energy supply, promote effective competition in the energy market and develop a dynamic energy sector in Singapore. Through our work, we seek to forge a progressive energy landscape for sustained growth. Please visit www.ema.gov.sg for more information.