Singapore - International Energy Agency Forum
Energy Market Authority
31 October 2018
11:00 - 14:30
Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands Singapore
11:00 – 11:10 hrs
Presentation: Transforming Energy – Assessing Mega-Trends in the Innovation and Evolution of Energy Systems
11:10 – 11:30 hrs
Head of Asia Pacific and Partnership Division
International Energy Agency (IEA)
Panel 1: The Smart, Digital Energy System of the Future – What Does It Look Like and How Do We Get There?
11:30 – 12:30 hrs
Energy systems around the world are undergoing profound change, with significant potential benefits. But what does the ideal energy system of the future aspire to be and how do we make sure we achieve this?
- What is the role of policy in shaping future energy systems?
- How will transformation be financed, and how can capital be allocated effectively to achieve the goals of transformation?
- What does the energy player-of-the-future look like and what is its role?
- Are we on track to achieve a smart energy future, and where are we falling short?
Wouter Van Wersch
President & CEO of GE Asia Pacific and Vice-President
Founder, Chairman and CEO
Red Dot Power Pte Ltd
This panel is presented by:
12:30 – 13:30 hrs
Panel 2: Managing Transformation – What Are the Risks and How Can We Build Resilience?
13:30 – 14:30 hrs
Energy system transformation comes with significant potential benefits but also a series of risks and threats, many of which are not yet well understood. How can various energy system stakeholders work to minimise and manage these risks?
- What are the key risks posed by the smart revolution and digitalisation?
- What are the best ways to ensure resilience and cybersecurity in energy systems?
- How does innovation interact with regulation as energy systems evolve?
- How can stakeholders work across borders to jointly address global energy system threats?
Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC), India
Deputy Director General
China Renewable Energy Engineering Institute