Singapore Energy Summit Panel Sponsor
As a global leader in low-carbon energy, the EDF Group covers every sector of expertise, from generation to trading and transmission grids. EDF builds on the expertise of its people, its R&D and engineering skills, its experience as a leading industry operator and the attentive support of its customers to deliver competitive solutions that successfully reconcile economic growth with climate protection.
Rooted in Europe, EDF Group is the world’s leading electricity company (35.1 million customers; 152,033 employees; €69.6 billion revenues) with an annual generation of 580.8 TWh in 2017, champion of the low carbon growth with 87% of its electricity free of CO2:
- 1st producer of renewable energy in Europe, EDF Group has set itself an ambitious goal: to double its world net installed capacity in the field of renewable energies, thus increasing from 28 GW today to over 50 GW in less than 15 years.
- EDF’s goal is to develop 10GW of additional storage around the world by 2035, on top of the 5GW already operated by the Group.
- Operator of the world’s first nuclear plant pool with 73 nuclear reactors operated in the world (including 58 in France).
Regulated subsidiaries in France operate Transmission & Distribution infrastructure and adapt grids to the needs of the energy transition:
- Operation of 100,000 km of high-voltage and very high-voltage networks, 50 cross-border power lines, 1.3 million kilometers of low and medium voltage networks
- Deployment of 30 millions smart meters in France
- Activities of engineering and consultancy in more than 33 countries worldwide
As the Group's interface to the world's wholesale energy markets, EDF Trading provides the full range of optimization, risk management and trading services for wholesale energy markets. EDF Trading is one of the most powerful players in the European wholesale markets for electricity and gas and is operating in Asia through its joint venture with JERA.
EDF provides reliable electricity at competitive prices and develops energy services for the benefit of its customers worldwide:
- 1st electricity provider in France and the UK, 2nd in Italy and Belgium and present in many other European countries.
- Through various subsidiaries, EDF Group provides energy services worldwide in order to make the best use of energy for industries and cities with solutions ranging from public lighting to e-mobility infrastructure, through district cooling and facility management.
EDF is present on all the continents, and has a strong industrial experience in Asia:
- In China, where 30 years of cooperation have made EDF a preferred partner.
- In South-East Asia, involved in two turnkey projects: a combined cycle gas turbine plant in Vietnam (MECO) and a hydroelectric scheme in Laos (Nam Theun 2).
With a total R&D budget of 611 million euros, EDF is aiming at speeding up innovation for the cities of tomorrow, with innovations in energy efficiency in buildings, energy planning, smart grids, renewable energy & storage, electric mobility and micro-grids.
In Singapore, EDF R&D has launched its EDF Lab in 2014, working with the Singaporean government (HDB) and local universities (NUS, NTU, SUTD, SIT, ESSEC), to root a strong expertise adapted to the Singaporean and South East Asian context in the field of Smart Cities and Smart Grids with the development of:
- Urban analytics and decision making tool for energy planning
- Micro-grid demonstration to provide affordable and sustainable electricity in remote areas
- Data analytics and artificial intelligence for new services in e-mobility and industry of the future